Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I don't think today is my day

First of all, Reanie got up at 4:00a and though Mama could go back to sleep, Reanie's wiggling and chatting kept me up.

Second of all, it is raining today, so no riding on the track. Not that Noah could go anyway since he's at a sports camp.

Third of all, while the Wal Mart check out chick is waiting for the person in front of me to clear the way, she is cutting her fingernails with clippers!

Fourth of all, as soon as I get home, I find out that there's a race in Austin being scheduled in conjunction with Lance's Ride for the Roses, which is over the top of the two I'm promoting in Denton in October. OK, so I was only planning to promote TWO races in one weekend, but I also had the TXBRA awards banquet thing brewing as well as the TXBRA annual meeting for that weekend. I've been sitting in meetings with the Mayor, the police chief, the Chamber of Commerce, the Main Street Association...since October. *%#$!@#*)(

The high point today is that I'll be getting my road bike back from Sem shortly. I had to mail him an empty box so I could get him to mail it back. I anxious to show everyone my "new" steed.

4 comments:

Cri said...

Need I remind you that the swing is broken?

Anonymous said...

Gotta remind myself to never EVER read the damn comments on this blog.

Cri said...

Oh, Burke...we'll get the swing fixed. It'll be ok.

Anonymous said...

Crikey I did it again. Ahhhhhhh