Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My Full Potential on the Bike Will Never Be Realized

Reanie put on her leotard first thing this morning. Then she asked me if I wanted her to "ballellet." Of course I do.

She then said, "I do arabesque." And then she demonstrated the best arabesque ever done by a three year old. Her leg was extended and her hands out...I can't recall ever seeing a three year old do one, but I'm certain that this was the best.

Then she said, "I plie." And then she did, with arms extended over her head and the whole bit. I instantly understood why parents can endure a dance recital for two and a half hours of beginning ballet dancers to see their child do two 2-miute routines.

Her last demonstration was called a "rainbow." Though I don't recall this as a proper dance term, it could well be. Afterall, she's been to more ballet classes than I have. Reanie extended both arms above her head then dipped down low, reaching as far and as low as she could to her right. She then made the arc of a Rainbow as big as her body would allow, stretching as far above her head as she could, even with standing on her tip toes, continuing to complete the rainbow to her left.

I almost ate her up in one bite.

In all the pictures I've posted to this silly blog, the one time I know it would have been worth seeing, I didn't snap a shot. Didn't even think of it until now.

But then again, I saw her do it, and that really is good enough for me.

No comments: