Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cranium Vortex

Apple Granny arrives in a day or so for her 2-3 month live in with us. Noah is either at swim practice or a swim meet everyday. This week is also basketball camp. This weekend we go to Longview for a family visit. I'm riding again. Noah is trying to find time to ride before Nationals. We leave for Nationals on Monday. We'll be gone for two weeks. I bought Reanie some soccer shoes yesterday. I've got some work to do to get ahead for the two weeks I'm about to be gone. I'm a few days behind where I should be anyway. The yard needs mowed and trimmed. It is a pretty big yard. Have to get a trailer hitch put on Wallace (the Toyota) before we leave for Nats. Need to spend some time with Buddy so he still calls me "Daddy" when we get back from Nats. I've got a column 1/2 written in my head and 1/8 written on the 'puter, and it needs to get all the way written on the 'puter so it doesn't keep me up at night. I have one more episode of Miami Vice on the second dvd. My OCD makes me unable to be ok with having one episode on one dvd unseen. Have to get to the bike shop for some tubular glue, since all of mine is too old. Need to get the tires glued on so Noah has some hot wheels for road Nats. It doesn't bother me that he gets to use my wheels before me. He has a bug bite on his ass, but he doesn't want me to tell anyone. Actually, I don't think he cares if anyone knows. Also need to get a box for some wheels, as I sold my Powertap and need to get that shipped off before we leave. I need to reserve a room for Track Nats and get Noah registered. I probably ought to print out some maps and schedules of what we are doing, since driving to PA will only get us kinda close. Need to change out Noah's track gear, which entails breaking the chain and adding a couple lengths. Not a big deal, really. Just has to be done before tomorrow's workout at the track. Need to cut Buddy's hair again. I've got to get to Sprouts to get stuff for the dinner I need to cook for Mama and the POSS3. Can't really count Noah in the POSS3 anymore since he's getting kinda big. 5'2", 114#, 10.75 yrs old. That's a chunk of boy. I'm under 200# for the first time in over a year. Doesn't feel like it yet, though. I have to replace my handlebars, as I bent them in a workout the other day. Fugg yeah! But they were cheap bars to begin with, so don't tell me, as it will mess with my badassness. Buddy will now hold hands with me, so I'm sorta tore up about leaving for a spell. Thinking about taking him with us to PA. That's a long, long time for a 2 yr old in a car, in a hotel, at bike races, and pretty much nothing else. I'll still love him the same without him there. Just found out that Noah sprained his ankle at basketball camp today.

Enough of that. Back to work.


Noah's 10th time up Hilltop Rd in a row. Sorry for the heavy breathing on the audio. It was my 10th time up the hill too.


Reanie's first soccer shoes. Pink stripes and cleats too.












Buddy and I watched the car while Mama and Reanie went to IKEA to do some damage.

No comments: