Lately I've been making muffins for breakfast. Sweet corn, or oat bran, with berries, with nuts, zucchini, banana, tahini, yogurt...I've been getting my muffin on. Makes for easy breakfasts. Takes some time to put it together since I'm not using a mix, but I get to wear the apron. It works out well, because we don't really have time to family-style the breakfasts on weekdays, and because I can stick a muffin in a kid's hand, stuff them in the Jeep and take them to school.
The mornings are "my" time with the little ones. We generally ease into the day. Since I get to the office when I say I get to the office, we may take our time with kicking the soccer ball or whatnot. This morning was one of those mornings, except that we had to make sure to get to school in time for Reanie's ballet class.
Mama called while I was herding the herd to the car. She talked to Granny a bit, and then Reanie got the phone. I didn't think the muffins were all that great this morning, but evidently Reanie did. She told Mama all about them and even held the phone up to them so Mama could see. Then she tried to send a muffin through the phone.
At that point I really thought it best to take her to school because there was work still to be done, evidently. Then again, maybe I should consider what school is actually teaching our children.
No comments:
Post a Comment