Friday, March 16, 2007

Enak Bor is my inspiration

There was a time, back when I was the only bike racer in the family, that we could load up half the Expedition with my stuff, and the other half was for the rest of the family. We seemed to be fine with that. Mama, #1, and eventually #2 could pack whatever they needed to make a day in the ditch palatable, and I brought everything I've ever needed or thought I might need for a bike race. And we packed Moby to the gills (i know...i know...poetic license, please).

A few years ago, I bunked up with a good buddy and his wife for a stage race. At that gig, I brought two bags and one bike (it was a stage race). I thought I was traveling light and being all respectful. Enak, though, came with one bike and a back pack for the entire weekend. He mocked me, and he did so at a time I was feeling all good about myself.

Well, we're about to head out for what I think is my first stage race since that one, and I got all my street and cycling clothes, and all the race food, bottles, etc for me and #1 (since he now races too), and we're taking all of #1's stuff for a race, his bike, my bike, and all the stuff for Mama, #2, and #3, AND we're putting it all in a car (Wallace) that is half the size that Moby was (well, I guess still is, but it ain't ours anymore).

Enak, I'm getting there. You are my inspiration.

No comments: