Wednesday, July 25, 2007

One day riding

I rode yesterday. Well, I've been on the bike three times since I removed my top tube from my old rig, but the first two didn't go well at all since I clearly wasn't ready to roll yet.

And I'm still not. But I didn't go ride to train so much as I did to just move and get some fresh thoughts blowing into my ears. Dorkballing may just be riding bikes, but I need that fix. What I really need is to race, but riding is part of making that happen. Walk before you run, or something like that.

I'm grumpy, grouchy and no fun to be around when I'm prohibited from sweating in spandex, and this is amplified because I was going pretty well when I dismounted last. It had taken so long to get sorted out, and just as i was...I'm waking up on the ground again.

But I rode yesterday. can't pull up on the bars. can't take a deep breath. and I need Noah to help me change out a flat tube. But I rode yesterday. And I'm going to ride again today. and tomorrow.

The discomfort in the ribal region is not much compared to the brain mush grouchiness frustration darn near panic I feel when I can't get out and just move forward. So, it is a wobbily step, but going forward.

Oh, I'm sure the guys who have been finishing 30th-39th in the races are scared now that I'm getting back at it and moving them down a spot, but I gotta start (again) somewhere.

These days, I feel like the buffalo...


Still standing.

It helps having PALS.

No comments: