Thursday, July 10, 2008

Now listen...

We lost a chicken last night. Something got in the coop and... A few chickens escaped, but the scuffle knocked one of the nesting boxes down and blocked a few chickens and trapped them in the coop for an hour or so until I noticed this morning. And then there were lots and lots of feathers that the now gone Barred Rock left behind. Damn.
















At bedtime tonight, several of the chickens wouldn't go back into the coop. Understandable, really. Bad memories.

So me and Bianca had a talk. I told her that she really needed to get back in the coop, but that I understood it was tough for her. I promised her that I would lock it up tight and let them out right before daylight like I used to do before I got tired and lazy.

She said, " ... " because chickens don't really talk to people.

No comments: