good golly! I used to hand write training plans and then snail maill or fax them along. I even stuffed them into ziploc bags now and then and handed them over on training rides. This was back when you'd get an AOL disc in the mail and with the newspaper every day. It isn't that I'm a luddite as much as it is that I'm just slow to want to jump in and learn the new device. I don't want to spend an hour figuring out how my phone works. Show me the numbers to dial and the button to press to answer. "Oh, but your phone can do so much more!" Yeah, but do I really want my phone to take my temperature (for a $3.99 app fee)?
But in the last couple of months I've picked up an iPhone, created a twitter account, a facebook account, and got some new big flat screen HD tv thing.
On my desk is still a moleskin, steno book, a 2 column hardcover accounting book, and a couple pencils. One of which needs sharpening.
Also on my desk is a USB thing that allows 5 ports for the one into my lap top. Plugged into those are a powertap cradle, an SRM cradle, the iPhone synching and charging thing, and a plug to go to my external hard drive which is connected to my other lap top next to me. I also have a heart shaped calculater that I got from Reanie that she earned at school for standing in line or being quiet during a play or something. It replaced the simple yellow one I bought on my way to my statistics final in grad school. That one lasted 8 years. cost me a dollar. and I still can't believe I forgot my calculator on my way to a grad school statistics final.
Among some cluttered paper stuff is also a tea pot that Chloe's uncle Nino gave Nuccia when her parents got married. I also use a wool sock as a wrist pad thing for the mouse (wireless, of course) to the computer.
It's kinda trailer park here at my desk, but at least it is an Airstream.
No comments:
Post a Comment