First week of school. Buddy is in kindergarten. Hasn't been in pre-school or anything like it other than gymnastics class since last year. Not real concerned, but concerned anyway about how he'd handle sitting in one spot for extended periods, being quiet when he was supposed to be, etc.
Well, he did have to go to timeout yesterday. Something about playing with something that needed to be put away. His teacher, Mrs Shark (how cool is that!?), said something to him along the lines of, "Buddy, you broke my heart." I imagine it was something like, "when you don't mind, it breaks my heart" or some context like that.
But when Buddy told me about his day, it went...
"I had to go to timeout. I broke Mrs. Shark's heart. But it's ok. She said I fixed it and then I could go play."
So there you have it. In kindergarten today, Buddy became a cardiologist. Don't ever knock Denton schools.
No comments:
Post a Comment