
...it was just yesterday that I was riding by this house on Hawk Rd and thought, "I think that is a place Chloe could live in for awhile".
Or maybe it seems like a couple weeks ago, because I rode by this place for a couple of weeks before stopping to really look at it. It happened to have one flyer left, and I took it, stuffed it in my jersey pocket, and rode on home.
We had no business buying this house. Buddy was due in a month, my coaching business was growing faster than I could manage, and we were still in the early stages of The Texas Racing Post, which was also growing rapidly. Reanie was just 1yr old. I was riding again, and we were starting a new cycling team, so I could do it the way I wanted.
We were busy.
But we'd decided that we were going to live up here for a few more years, so we wanted to make something more of it instead of biding our time waiting for Noah to get older. I'm glad we did.
Stella Sola has been a home. Not just for our immediate family, but for several people who have lived here with us, as well. Apple Granny (Chloe's Grandmother), Jordan and Peter (aspiring pro and pro bike racers) and I think Scottie even stayed here for a spell. And, of course, there's been our good friends and extended "family" who have made themselves at home here, which is just the way we wanted it.
We've had great gardens, the chickens, cyclocross courses, soccer fields, parties...this place has been used and loved. Buddy was born in this house. Literally. Chloe gave birth to him in our bedroom. So, while it isn't a fancy place, it is certainly lived in. It's been home.
We're packing up now. Moving to be closer to family and to establish our roots where we originally intended. It's hard to say 'goodbye' to the house I've lived in the longest of any house in my life. We're about to make what is my 30th (at least) move. I don't want to move again after this one. I'm done.
We don't really know what the future holds, but I do know that I intend for this to be the last move for this Clan. We're excited about our new (to us) place and where it is. We'll be close to family (free babysitting), in a town we love, with excellent riding, and if everything keeps clicking along as it has, life and business will be just as great, but it'll slow down for us to breathe it in a little more deeply.
Or maybe it seems like a couple weeks ago, because I rode by this place for a couple of weeks before stopping to really look at it. It happened to have one flyer left, and I took it, stuffed it in my jersey pocket, and rode on home.
We had no business buying this house. Buddy was due in a month, my coaching business was growing faster than I could manage, and we were still in the early stages of The Texas Racing Post, which was also growing rapidly. Reanie was just 1yr old. I was riding again, and we were starting a new cycling team, so I could do it the way I wanted.
We were busy.
But we'd decided that we were going to live up here for a few more years, so we wanted to make something more of it instead of biding our time waiting for Noah to get older. I'm glad we did.
Stella Sola has been a home. Not just for our immediate family, but for several people who have lived here with us, as well. Apple Granny (Chloe's Grandmother), Jordan and Peter (aspiring pro and pro bike racers) and I think Scottie even stayed here for a spell. And, of course, there's been our good friends and extended "family" who have made themselves at home here, which is just the way we wanted it.
We've had great gardens, the chickens, cyclocross courses, soccer fields, parties...this place has been used and loved. Buddy was born in this house. Literally. Chloe gave birth to him in our bedroom. So, while it isn't a fancy place, it is certainly lived in. It's been home.
We're packing up now. Moving to be closer to family and to establish our roots where we originally intended. It's hard to say 'goodbye' to the house I've lived in the longest of any house in my life. We're about to make what is my 30th (at least) move. I don't want to move again after this one. I'm done.
We don't really know what the future holds, but I do know that I intend for this to be the last move for this Clan. We're excited about our new (to us) place and where it is. We'll be close to family (free babysitting), in a town we love, with excellent riding, and if everything keeps clicking along as it has, life and business will be just as great, but it'll slow down for us to breathe it in a little more deeply.
Yes, we're taking the chickens with us. Well, some of them, anyway. The good ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment