Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thank goodness it is a broken wrist and torn tendon

Just had the MRI stuff reviewed with the orthopaedist. Doc says that I have a broken wrist and a torn (class 2) tendon. That's good news!

Why?

Because it is has been causing me a lot of pain the last two months (lots of travel to races and then moving), so I'm relieved to hear that I wasn't just being a wuss. I mean, something is wrong with it to justify the pain I felt I was feeling.

Anyway, it's been so long that the bone and tendon are starting to knit back up. My non-treatment has slowed healing, of course. Had I tended to it back in July, it would likely be back to 100% by now. However, we will avoid surgery, which was the big concern over the last week. With surgery, I'm 6 or so weeks from being back to normal. Doc thinks that it has all healed enough that by just keeping it immobilized it will take another 3-4 weeks to be all healed up. So I have a new soft cast/brace thing. It feels a lot better than what I had on for the last week.

So, I'm still a wuss, but at least it is justified somewhat.

No comments: