Had a fairly light day on Friday as we originally planned to head down to Austin before making the trip to Chappell Hill. With so much travel on the schedule, I worked double time on Thursday to clear the way for some Finding Nemo time, otherwise known as travel. See, with a 2 yr old and a ten month old, 4+ hour drives, which we make most weekends, require back up support. Thank You, Lord, for bringing us the DVD player. Amen.
Anywhat, the kids have runny noses, and we were planning to see their brand new cousin in Austin. Runny noses and meeting brand new babies don't mix.
So I'm sitting at home answering some dumb ass TXBRA email and dealing with team drama and thanking myself for getting work done on Thursday to free up time for that bullshit.
After spending a few hours on that stuff, I was beginning to hate, so I went postal on the yard with the walk behind lawnmower. Would have used the riding lawnmower, but the engine and deck need replaced. And when you think about what all a riding lawnmower really is...
The yard looks good, but when I came in, there was still the dumb ass email and team drama...
So I kissed the horses, pet the kids, and fed the wife, which bought me an evening out at the track to watch my boy, Kevin, take 4th in the match sprints at Nationals held in Frisco. Kinda cool to see Nationals stuff and still get to sleep in your own bed. Bonus, Nathan (Kevin's Dad and all-around great guy) bought my dinner and a pitcher of margaritas. Ahhh.
Had a lazy Saturday morning for once. Played with the baby, read and practiced the potty with Kid #2, and I even tried to take a nap. Leftover Chinese food for lunch, and then went to Kid #1's first baseball game. They lost 14-0, but as Kid #1's Mom said, "He looks good in his uniform." Well, there is that, I guess.
While at the game, I burned up the cell phone talking about team stuff. I tell you what, I think I've put in over 40 hours so far on the topic of team bikes alone. And at that, I probably won't even get one myself, because I don't get to train so much to be good enough to warrant a team bike. 40 hours...
Got home from the game to an empty house. Too lazy to pack up my crap for the race tomorrow, so I'm punching the keyboard.
Phone rings. Client wants to know what he should eat before his mtn bike race tomorrow. He's racing Sport for the first time, and he's worried about bonking on that extra lap.
Lord, grant me the patience...
No comments:
Post a Comment