Wednesday, December 14, 2005

(sound of someone sucking in their gut)

I've been back in the saddle some lately. Done an 80somethin' mile on each of the last few weekends. Done some sort of activity during the week a couplefew times. I'm not "back," but I'm not "over there" anymore either.

But today, I was riding the dirt bike out on a trail near here (Knob Hill for the locals), but I took a phone call (work) out there in the middle somewhere. Now, that's not important, but what is important is that while I was standing out there in the woods on the side of the trail, talking on a cell phone about bike riding, another rider approached (the only rider I saw in 2 hr, for what it is worth).

As this rider approached, I realized that my gut sticks out quite a bit. So I'm talking on the phone about getting someone else fit, while out on the bike myself, when someone comes along making me self-conscious about my belly fat.

So?

So I sucked it in.

But it still stuck out. Even with sucking it in, it still sticks out. As soon as I got home, I did 100 sit ups, and it STILL sticks out!

JR, how did this happen?

No comments: