Monday, April 17, 2006

Hey, llama! Come here, llama!

Sitting in the comfy chair in the living room doing some work on the computer. It is fascinating work, editing a bio profile thing and getting some articles tweaked that I wrote years ago. Anyway, out the dining room window I saw a llama walk down our driveway and out the gate.

Whuh?!

Pretty sure I was seeing things, I sat up straighter and got back to work. But then I saw throught the windows at the back of our house that a llama was walking down the road.

Up I get, make sure I'm dressed, and I hightail it out to the street. The pavement burns my feet, but since it is my gate to the pasture is open, this is pretty much all my fault. I run as best I can to go get the llama, which responds by running away from me, of course.

Eventually, I get the thing turned around and spend the next 30 minutes or so getting the thing 200 yards back into our front gate. I spend the next 30+ minutes trying to get it through our yard and back out into the pasture. But it is all good now.

What are llamas used for, anyway?

I just went out to take a picture of one of the llamas (you wouldn't have known if it was the llama anyway). Three of them were under the tree next to the well house. As soon as I opened the front door, they took off running. Watching three llamas run from me opening the door is funnier (only just) than me, barefoot, trying to round one up.

No comments: