Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Send me a bill, Drs

Had one of the most wicked dream I've ever had last night. I'm riding my bike (in my dream I'm race shape and fit) down Country Club Rd when I get hit from behind by a Camry.

Stay with me here.

My body is split cleanly in two, with a top half and bottom half. The POSS2 were laughing, but upside down in the trailer behind my bike. My bike ended up on the golf course, and two golfers were angry that we were on the course.

It took me longer than I wanted to drag myself to my legs, which then started kicking me as I approached. This took too long for the golfers, evidently, so they started hitting golf balls at the kids.

Reanie told them, "No. You stop it." Buddy kept picking up the balls and taking them back to the golfers who would then hit them back at us.

Meanwhile, I'm stressing out because my middle hurts, I need to get the kids back in the trailer, because I'm nervous about Noah, who was riding ahead of us, reaching the intersection of the highway by himself.

So, I get everything upright, but I'm having trouble hammering to catch him because my alignment of upper and lower body keeps coming askew. We do finally catch Noah, who is at the coffee shop near the intersectionn of Country Club and 377. He's on his cell phone with Mama, and she asked if we'd stop and get milk and tampons if it wasnt' too much trouble.

After going to the store and getting an earful from the manager about me getting the floor bloody, Noah and I raced home. He beat me, but it had more to do with me having to go gentle around the corners so Reanie and Buddy wouldn't spill their cappuccinos.

Then Reanie kicked me in the stomach (really) and I woke up to see that the alarm was about to go off, and that was it.


Well, I think I have a little better understanding of why I haven't been riding even though I'm healed up. I've felt safe on the track. I even felt safe in the craziness of the start of the Aledo race, even as I locked it up behind a crash. Felt safe riding with Glen. But I just can't go out by myself and ride.

No comments: