The plan was to put the POSS2 in the trailer and take them to school with the bike. But the roads were still pretty wet, and I feel bad when they have to catch road spray in their face without a chance to pull through and do it to me, so we took the Jeep instead. Before we left, we made "muffins." It was actually just cornbread, but it was the closest and quickest thing I could come up with.
We've struck gold. These kids absolutely loved the muffins. They reacted the same way to muffins as they would if we opened up the candy factory and said "go! Eat it all. Now!" I ate the top piece of a muffin that had broken off as I was handing it to #3. He made a mad face at me. In fact, when we'd finished them up and #3 asked for another, he teared up a little when I told him "We ate them all."
Despite being out of muffins, we made it to school, but just as we are turning into the parking lot, #2 says, "Oh no! Daddy, I'm not wearing panties!" Well, it is one thing when one of my teammates says it, but it is another when #2 does, since she doesn't race with us yet. But it was quickly resolved when moments later she said, "Oh, yes I am."
No comments:
Post a Comment