Posted Saturday about Noah's romp around Greater-Greenville en route to a State TT Championship. We expected that he'd do well, but in his age group, you just never know what might happen because some strong, but new, 12 year olds might show up, or (more likely) that Noah is just having an off day and rides like a kid. He showed up and rode tough, though. I would have been proud of him had he come in last, because I'm certain he gave his best effort on the ride.
That night we celebrated by buying a couple fig trees, eating some gelato, and heading over the Andrew and Stephanie's for margaritas and birthday cake and so #3 could drive a jeep into and over landscaping.
Yesterday was the State Criterium Championships and they were held in Dallas. In what was a bit of a surprise, Mama wanted to come out with the kids to watch the races. Of course, with a 3yr old and a 2 year old, there really isn't a lot of bike race being watched, but it meant a lot that she came out to support anyway. It was way cool to have the family there as Noah won is second state title in two days.
It was also nice for everyone to be able to hang out with the team again (thank you 'zingers for putting up with all of us and bringing the beer). Having kids underfoot isn't all that for some folks, but on our team, methinks that those people don't last too long on our roster. After all the time away from racing, it was good to see Mama enjoying the scene again. (I'm looking forward to seeing Les's PEZ shot of all our hotties)
As we closed the day yesterday, we drove home quite fulfilled. The team did pretty ok overall on the day, we had a great sunny day and an excellent venue for the family to make its return to racing, and Noah has almost closed the door on the Texas Cup for his age group (which is one thing the entire family will get credit, because Mama is left home with #2 and #3 when we go travel and play "bike racer" on the weekends...it really is a family effort).
The two little ones (and the two biggest ones) were totally whupped from the day. #2 was a bit of a mess since we took her from Miss Becky. During #2's bath and getting ready for bed, she was crying and whining. When I'd had enough, I told her so. She looked me in the eyes and told me, "I need to cry for just a little bit more and then I'll be done." She did, and she was. I held her in my lap through this, and at one point I told her she sounded like coyotes, because she sounded like coyotes. She replied, "It sounds like it, but it's not."
This morning, we put the top down on the jeep, and we stopped for donuts on the way to school. I let the POSS2 talk me into eating inside the donut shop, which we do from time to time when we aren't in a hurry or when they are being especially cute.
As we sat down with our "usual" (two kolaches each and split a sprinkle donut), they were two angels, saying please and thank you and passing the OJ and napkins between each other. Just as the line grew to reach our table (small place with just three tables, and "our" table is the one by the door), #2 made sure I could hear her by speaking loudly and repeating over and over and over, "Daddy, Buddy has a big ding ding!"
The weekend was good, and we had a pretty good start for the week as well.
Yeehaw to all y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment