Nov 2-6- Terlingua
Nov 10-12- GSTz Trainning Camp #1 (based out of here)
Nov 16-17- 100 mile team ride, then date weekend with Mama (Thank you Lauren-on-Thursdays)
Nov 22-25- Went to Longview for Thanksgiving
Also during November we've launched the Lone Star Works (womens) Racing Team.
On top of this, Oct and Nov have been the biggest months of signing on new athletes for me. And we've started Monday evening plyometric workouts and Tuesday nights out at the track.
WHEW!
So, I'm gonna do some photo blogging here to get back up to speed. Wish I had some pics of the GSTz camp. I may have some pics of date night, but they aren't suitable for family viewing.
Let's start with Terlingua (I'll post up the rest later)...
We drove out to the Big Bend area to see Nono and some friends. It was good to get away for a few days, and down there is about as "away" as one can possibly get.
Noah and I coming down after climbing Mt Leon. I don't have any pictures of the actual climb. Our friend, Scott, took most of these. He met us out at the mtn, though he took a much more reasonable path.
This is a shot of the house taken from up somewhere on Leon Mtn. We came down to this spot to meet Scott. Best I can figure after looking at a map and an aerial view is that this is about a kilometer away from the house.


This is after we came all the way down the mtn. I post this one to remind me to write about the actual climb.


It is beautiful out there.
This is Scott and Petra. They are friends of ours who live down in San Patricio.
La Leona (my Father-in-law's ranch) is the perfect place to do nothing or to get as "out there" as you want. Here's the group of us hanging out at one of the limestone pools.
Noah and Scott in the pools.
Scott and the supervisors at the grill.
Scott is the grill MASTER.
Speaking of food, we arrived at the Chili Cook Off World Championships just as it was announced that it was time to turn in chili for judging.


This is the group of us looking like tourons on "The Porch" in the ghost town in Terlingua.
We rounded ourselves up for a family pic in the star pit at the house. That's not a fake background.
















No comments:
Post a Comment