Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Most mornings...well, today anyway.

Most mornings I'm up before everyone here. I wander into my office, stoke the LCD fire to glow up the room and sit there all stupid until I hear the coffee machine signal that it is ready.

after a few minutes of clearing cobwebs and pretty much working on autopilot, things come into focus and I start knocking things off of the "to do" list properly. Then one of the pet monkeys will wake up and stand next to me for awhile.

At that point I either stop what I'm doing and have a tickle fight or tell them to crawl into bed with Mama. sometimes Reanie wants to sit in my lap while I work on training plans or answer email. When Buddy does that I usually end up losing the training plan or whatever I've been working on, so he's not allowed to have his fingers within two feet of my keyboard. Otherwise his rear end starts to hurt.

Today has worked out a bit different, as Mama is taking the day off from work, so she took the kids to school this morning instead. No, don't call it school. call it "Kiddie Barn" or Buddy will get upset with you. School. School. School.

This means me and Noah will ride for about an hour, finishing just in time for me to motorpace Christina. After that I'll grab some lunch, work on a training plan, answer an email or six, visit with Lisa for a moment to make sure we are sending Noah to camp with shorts AND udnerwear instead of twice as many shorts as needed and no skivvies, then motorpace Troy, then meet with two clients prior to the KoW ride, then ride the KoW myself if I have any juice left.

Ok, the part about riding twice today isn't like most days at all. But I'll take it.

No comments: