Monday, March 17, 2008

Now for the good stuff

I didn't want to muddle this one up with that other post.

Mama and the family came out to the race this weekend. It's some stress, sure, to get everyone packed in the car, my bike crap, Noah's bike crap, everyone else's stuff, food...and then drive the 5 hr (that's how long it takes with this many people who realize 30s before they are going to go to the bathroom that they need to go) to Fayetteville. We did get there, though, and we completely lucked in to a new place to stay there. The house had plenty of room, everyone had a bed, there was a full kitchen, and we were just a quarter mile or so from where the races start.

With the kids a little older, I don't worry about them wandering into the road, which was a stressor for me before. They can also entertain themselves a little bit better what with there being bugs and stuff out there. I'm fortunate that Chloe was up for coming out and supporting there. In fact, I took a bottle at every feed zone, which was 9 feeds in total. Of course, having real meals was a nice treat too. And being able to kiss everyone goodnight instead of "Now Buddy wants to talk on the phone" is an invauable bonus.

To top it all off, I got a feed on stage 3 from Reanie!

the kids were upbeat the entire trip and seemed to be having a lot of fun. Mama seemed to be having a decent time as well. I worry about that when it just bike racer stuff all the time. We did have a team dinner thing on Saturday night too, so that was the icing on the cake. All in all, it seemed good.

I did feel bad when I got dropped on Stage 3, though, because it meant they had to stay out there longer than necessary. I'm coming around, so that won't happen too many more times. I'm working hard to get that "I was really good in 1993" off of this header.

Not that I have to decide, but it's a toss up as to who hands off a water bottle best in the whole world, Chloe or Reanie.

No comments: