I have a weekly reminder thing on the computer to let me know to update this blog. The reminder chimes to let me know I've yet to remove it from my "to do" list. My "to do" list was and is big right now, and in terms of priority, having to update a blog seemed like an easy thing to put off until later.
But that daily reminder (because I hadn't crossed it off the "to do" list to make it "done") was more a reminder that I'm behind. Work, stuff around the house, riding...and family.
We all have our routines, and here we've recently established and reestablished new routines with Chloe going back to work and Buddy starting a new school (just to name a couple things). "Busy" for one person may not be much for another, and frankly I don't really care how one person's busy measures up to another. We all make our choices. Some choose to be more busy as a means to an end. Some are more busy because they make poor use of their time or are inefficient. Some are more busy because they can't say 'no'. In the end, busy-ness tends to add stress. I knew it was getting bad for me when "Blog" came up on my daily calendar thing and it was stressing me out. The word "blog" became an annoyance.
By not updating, I had folks asking why I hadn't updated in awhile, and then folks asking for me to update. I put the "closed" sign up and, geesh, I was flooded with calls and emails. I spent way more time answering and responding that I am with putting this up here.
Curious thing, though. the next day after the "closed" sign post, I had a few things I thought were worthy of pecking out. can't remember what they were now, but things are gradually getting back to centered.
Not putting "update blog" on my things to do list. It'll happen when it happens. I don't expect to blog about blogging again.
Still stinging from Noah's powertap getting busted up-ingly yours,
Christian
Chris
Cri
Or however you get my attention
No comments:
Post a Comment