Friday, December 24, 2010

It was a pretty good streak

I've had the same binder for 11 years that I use to keep notes and such on my coaching clients. It stays right next to my computer, as I need to reference the contents of the binder many times per day.

Also next to my computer, and thus next to my binder, is a cup of coffee. It hasn't been the same cup of coffee for 11 years, though. That would be nasty.

But it was today, at 12:51am on Christmas Eve that I spilled coffee on this binder.

I open/close this binder multiple times per day. We're talking more than 10,000 open and closes. All the while with a cup of coffee at various stages of fullness right next to it. And there had never been spillage until tonight.

So, Pete Dahlberg, Phillip Snodgrass and Payson McElveen have some coffee stains on the pages that show me your PRs, some workouts that have worked well, some that didn't, some I want you to do on your next plan, reminders of race schedule, travel dates, etc, etc.

No comments: