Friday, March 18, 2011

My first night at The Driveway

Conversation #1

Someone I don't know-- "Chann. Chann. CHANN! Hey CHANN!"
Me- (looking up to see Chann)
Someone I don't know-- I didn't know you were going to be here tonight. Cool! Are you racing?"
Me-- (reaching to shake hands) I'll give it a few laps and then make up some excuste to drop out and then watch the finish. Not really racing, but I'll be in there.
Someone I don't know-- ???
Me-- Hi, I'm Christian.
Someone I don't know-- You aren't Chann? Chann is my coach.


Conversation #2

Acquaintance at The Driveway-- why is Noah on a Felt. I thought the Pro Tour guys were on Cervelo this year. They are on Cervelo aren't they? The team is called 'Garmin-Cervelo'.
Me-- Don't get me wrong, because I love a Chipotle burrito, but we can't literally eat there every meal
Acquaintance at The Driveway-- hahaha... (pause) what?
Me-- Noah didn't go to the team meeting where they gave out bikes. He had an algebra test that day.
Acquaintance at The Driveway-- hahaha... (pause) what?
Me-- You are aware that Noah is 15 and is not actually on the Pro Tour team, right?
Acquaintance at The Driveway-- He's 15?
Me-- Yes. He still sleeps with the light on.
Acquaintance-- hahaha... (pause) what?

No comments: