Nah, they have to wear uniforms to school.

Kid #2 woke up smiley, happy, cute...I wish I could have bottled it up, because she was like we think of little ones before we have one or before you've been puked on.
Kid #3 was challenging this morning. Not bad, but maybe a little sour. He was up at 2am, sort of went back down. Up again at 4am, and sort of went down. When I say, "he went down," what I mean was that he went back to sleep, but he kept kicking me in the ribs (still tender), face, jewels, wherever...while he slept.
I wanted to be mad at him, but he was sleeping. Right?
Man, I don't know anymore.
He was up for good at 4:30a-ish, so I got up, put in a Winnie the Pooh DVD for him, and tried to sleep in the chair next to the TV while he watched. The whole time, from 2am on, he really wasn't grouchy, fussy or anything (except for the kicking me part, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt). He was just, up.
Mama took off for work, and I got the kids ready to go. Kid #1 was pretty much up already, since he had some school work to get done, so all that was really left was getting some clothes on #2 and #3. The clothes they were to wear (set out by Mama) are the ones pictured above.
Maybe it was because he was tired, or maybe it was because he saw his outfit, but #3 got grumpy. Real grumpy. He took a cup away from #2. He would sit down if I told/asked him to "come here." When I told him I needed to brush his hair, he swatted the brush away.
He wasn't having a good morning. And #2 was having a great morning, so they evidently got their roles reversed from the usual.
I can't remember what triggered it, and it was probably just a combination of all of #3's sourness, but I ended up giving him a swat on the BT. Not the kind that is a beating (so don't call CPS or anything). I mean, this was a swat with him wearing a diaper and leather (his outfit...easy Enak) shorts.
Normally just raising our voice will get him to almost tear up (whereas Reanie will breakdown if you tell her she might stand in the corner at some point in her life), but not this time.
After swatting Buddy, he looked at me in the eye, furrowed his brow, and made Clint Eastwood eyes at me. For a split second, I actually got scared. I'm not ready to throw down with him just yet. I mean, he's only been two for a couple of days, and I didn't start whupping Noah's ass until he was 3 and 1/2 or so.
I did get them all in the car, eventually. We even got #1 to school on time. (yes, I'm mixing it up by calling them by name, then going back to the #'s. Oh well. Good literature it ain't.)
Buddy fell asleep in the car on the way to the ne-no shop. He was pretty cute, so I wasn't mad anymore. However, I didn't mind that after Reanie ate her donuts, she ate his too.
That's right, the new threat around here is, "Don't you look at me like that, Boy, or I'll let your sister eat your donuts." Show him who's boss. gyeah.
No comments:
Post a Comment