Wednesday, October 12, 2005

OK, now I'll ge tback to work

When I get geeked on Italy stuff, guys like the Beaner roll their eyes or call BS on me. But here's a map of one of the most beautiful places in the world.



There, in the upper right, you can see Taceno and Cortenova, and a little southwest of there is a place called Esino Lario (which is usually part of the Giro di Lombardia route). Well, the cabin that Nuccia left Chloe is on the road between those two places. Now look across the lake at the tip there. What do you see? Bellagio. That's right. A little south of there? Madonna di Ghisallo.

Need help with the scale of the map? It is about 10K from the left edge of the map to the right.

Here's something more for the bike geeks. Third picture from the bottom...the one of the lake...that's the lake separating Bellagio and Esino Lario. On just the other side of the mountain is the cabin.

OK, sorry. Just got all "homesick" there for a moment. I'll eat some pasta and be alright.

So, who wants to go?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do! I do! I do!
I want to go there!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm in...

Anonymous said...

Jo ed io sono dentro e aspettano per andare il fratello