Noah and I (and Royce) are in Lubbock with the USA Cycling Regional Camp for juniors. I never thought about that I could be working a camp he's attending, but here we are. It's blazing hot and windy, but we're in Texas, so duh.
We'll be headed home on Friday, after a quick stop at the track (if we can make it in time) for Master's Regional Championships.
Noah has had a heckuva run. At summer camp for 5 days, picked up that last night, headed to Copperas Cove, grabbed a motel, raced the State Championships (4th), then we went home for the night, had Lisa, Scott, Annelise, Rob and Royce over for breakfast on Sunday, then Royce, Noah and I drove out to Lubbock. We've been riding and testing every day. The boys are tired, but they are both doing very, very well.
Homesick. And I'm not just saying that because I'm staying in a dorm with a bunch of kids.
Lots of drive time lately has given me lots of time to think about things. Without going all Hallmark on you, even though Nobody is Making You Read This, I just wanted to say that I'm a lucky guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment