I've been sticking to my latest training plan, the "Ride one day a week" Plan, very well. Rode the local group ride here last night. Had lots of fun, but at the same time, it is also very frustrating, because I'm in a constant mode of, "I used to be good on this hill" and "I used to be able to attack from here" and other subtle and in-my-face reminders that I now inhale with great vigor on two wheels.
With no real race plans on the horizon, it doesn't bother me to be slow too much, but it is still more fun for me to run with the front group with some authority. Oh well, I'm pretty sure this is all temporary. In 18 years or so all of the kids will be out of the house or at least mildly self-sufficient.
* * * * *
Noah has a baseball game tonight. At 8pm. And they last for at least 90 minutes. What they do is keep playing until 90 minutes, and then they finish that inning. So it could be that the first pitch of the inning is thrown at 9:29, but then they play for another 30 minutes or whatever. It is one thing to play past the kid's bedtime, but it is quite another to play past mine.
* * * * *
Reanie's current song list, which is the list of songs she can sing and you'd recognize it:
Mary Had a Little Lamb
ABC's
Row, Row Your Boat
This Old Man...
Twinkle Little Star
She is also now spending some time speaking in the third person. Daddy isn't sure how he feels about that.
Reanie can count to 16 or so in english, to 10 and then skip a few to 15 in spanish, and then she gets all messed up sometimes and does a combined thing to twelve in italian-spanish.
She also says, "I (or Reanie) want ice cream." She can say that a lot. You may think it is cute one time, especially if you actually have ice cream, but I'm telling you now, it isn't cute when that is the first thing she says in the morning or when she says it to you at 3:37am.
* * * * *
Buddy is going through a phase that seems to be inspired by something from the 60's. He does this sit down protest thing. If something is happening that he doesn't want or like, he just sits down. Amusing, unless you are in the post office or something.
He does "patty cake" very well. He also eats as much as Noah, which is 2-3 times what Reanie eats. But I can still eat more.
Buddy's vocabulary includes: Daddy, Mama, Ree-ee, Na-aa, Shoe, Sit, 'side (outside), Stand, Ball, Cah (Cow), Tuck (truck), 'side (inside...with context, it is very easy to distiguish between "inside" and "outside", and several others. A not so favorite he has down right now is, "Mine."
Get Reanie and Buddy saying "Mine" at the same time, and I rapidly lose parent of the year points.
* * * * *
Chloe seems to be digging her job. They are at the end of the quarter, so evidently that is a big deal. Busy this, hectic that. Extra hours. But as long as Mama is happy, everyone around here gets to be happy too. Mama is happy.
Ciao,
Cri
2 comments:
Disappointed that I didn't see "clock" on the list of words Buddy tries to say : (
Bu,
I suppose we can go parking, but what's in it for me?
daveed,
Come on! I've beena part-time Mr. Mom for just a few weeks now. We're working to the more advanced stuff. Heck, I just got Reanie to say it.
Cri
Post a Comment