Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Time for an intervention?

I pick up Kids #2 and #3 from their school and head to the grocery store. Timing-wise, I know it will be a disaster if I don't stuff some food in them before shopping.

Fortunately there is a McDonald's at the Super Wal-Mart!

While standing in line at the McD's counter, it hit me that this isn't good. I've got two babies, I'm wearing ratty shorts, an old t-shirt, and I have a haircut that looks like one of the babies gave it to me, and I just ordered chicken nuggets and french fries for their dinner.

So I completed the show and ordered a 1/4 lbsder with cheese.

Buddy isn't eating anything but fries, and I'm getting a little frustrated that he won't eat some of the "chicken." Instead of going all the way white trash, I don't spank him. Yet.

Since I am white trash with a degree, I told Reanie to give Buddy a "chicken" nugget, which he took and then ate. As long as Reanie fed him, we were good to go.

Reanie put ketchup in her hair.

Buddy has a black eye and a nice scrape/scab on his eye from falling on a chair the day before.

But now we are ready to shop, so we grab a cart, put Buddy in the seat and Reanie in the basket. We hit the fruits and veggies first. We grab a watermelon, which Reanie uses as a seat in the basket. The rest of the fruit goes underneath the basket in the dog food/diaper cage thing.

We go through the store and pick up the regular stuff for the week, and all of it goes under the basket, otherwise Reanie will get into it. Every time...EVERY time...I stop to get something, Buddy stands up in the seat.

After doing all we can do, and me breifly considering purchasing the Fat Albert DVD thing, we go to check out. As I load up the conveyer thing, Buddy stands up. Of course.

I'm getting frazzled, and I know we are in Wal-Mart, but I still don't jerk him up by one arm and spank him, though that's what everyone there was thinking I should do, I'm sure.

Instead, I gave him the credit card while I tossed the bags below the basket. Meanwhile, Reanie is pulling the bags off of the wheel-a-bag thing they have there as fast as the checkout thing can go. And Buddy has the check card, and I'm losing my mind wondering where I put it.

And it is raining and 30mph winds outside. I mean, this Wal-Mart was indoors, but it just helps the story.

We get it all to the truck, and I get Reanie out of the basket, because everytime I put some bags in the truck, Buddy stands up, and then Reanie grabs him, so I'm afraid she's going to knock him over.

I grab some more bags and put them in the truck, and while I'm doing that, Reanie starts pushing the cart, with Buddy standing in the seat, across the parking lot. In the wind and rain.

That was that. I'll go up to Wal-Mart later today to see if they are still there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll watch the news tonight for the story about a shopping cart, going south on I-35, speeding past motorist...small children saying they are going to see Grammy because Daddy wants to spank them.