Monday, April 18, 2005

The Racing Post's next chapter

Though it isn't absolutely official, it looks like Chloe and I are going to close up shop with the magazine. We want to go out while we are cranking out good ones.

Burnout it the main culprit, but so is the stress of it all: collecting news, writing news, sales, collection of past due payments...it adds up to more stress than the pay justifies.

We're still in the early stages of discussing it all, but we do have a couple of folks interested in buying it from us, so that is a bit of a relief knowing that it won't just go to dust.

Chloe is working lots of hours (enjoying the job, though), and I'm (we're among friends and family here) having a real tough time with dealing with just me, so we want to simplify things around here. It may workout out that I have the little ones two days per week to just be a Mr. Mom-type.

It is hard to think of The Racing Post not being ours, or that it might not be printed at all, but really, the more we lighten our load around here, the better we all seem to be.

So, I don't know what's next. I do know that we'll need some sort of income to justify what we are giving up, but things seem to workout. But until they do, if you know of anyone needing a cycling or triathlon coach...

No comments: