Saturday, May 07, 2005

Crossing Stuff Off of the "To Do" List

I upgraded on the track. Now I get to race with the 1,2's. Well, I've been racing with them anyway, but now I get to do it as a cat 2.

Next stop, cat 1.

With that in mind, I actually trained today. My legs hurt if I just look at them.

** ** ** ** ** **
Noah raced last night as well. Believe me now and I'll tell you later, there are some 15 and 16 year olds that better start training, because Noah is only about 50-60 meters behind them in these track races...

** ** ** ** ** **
We're getting started with our vineyard this weekend.

On the subject of things planted, it is gecko season here at the farm. Them sonsabiches ate our watermelon and squash plants. I thought it was a mouse, since I seen it around the well house, but there is also a big gecko in there. A couple days ago I saw the gecko eating a new watermelon plant, so in terms of evidence, things are looking bad for the gecko. I'm gonna get Chloe to find a dececnt gecko recipe.

** ** ** ** ** **
Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mamas, Mommies, Moms, and Mothers!

** ** ** ** ** **
We're finishing up our last issue of The Racing Post this weekend too. It is about a 90% done deal that there will be a new publisher, so this isn't the end of the magazine, but in terms of us staying up for 48 hours cranking one out each month, we'll glady have a glass of Pernod instead.

** ** ** ** ** **
I love my wife.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,

Your sub-header (You know you are getting old when you hear music that is a remake of a remake of a song you liked in high school) reminded me when you came home from a high school dance and talked about wanting a record of "Louie, Louie". I pulled out my Kingmen record album and played "Louie, Louie" for you. You were surprised that your own mother listened to this cool music. Also had a copy of the real lyrics which were not as exciting as what you imagined they were.

Cri said...

My surprise was that you still had the record. When I heard "Louie Louie" on the oldies channel...I'm not the brightest bulb, but even in 9th grade I was aware that there was rock-n-roll in the 50's and 60's. Even in 1984, records had already been replaced by cassettes.

My favorite music from your collection was from an 8-track tape that I played and played and played when we lived on Porterway. I bet I played the Eagles' Hotel California a thousand times.