Thanks for having us out to the shindig. Sorry we didn't stay longer. For the 40 minutes or so we were there, Buddy had locked himself into a bathroom, trapped himself between two swords, Reanie had knocked over the platter of chips, and she managed to cut her lip and bleed on Hiney (Jaime, for those of you without a program) and myself. And then there was general fussing and whatnot.
We know most of you well enough to not care if our kids were being as such, but since I hadn't seen so many of you in so long, I didn't want it to be a case of us crashing the team party and having our kids more underfoot than normal. So, I cut bait, against Chloe's wishes to stay, and we head home for the night.
I do hope to see more of you more often, but last night I just wasn't up for being bled and cried on while answering, "So, what have you been up to? Riding much?"
And us skipping the Tenzing race isn't a statement or anything either. We simply had other plans that I'd made without thinking about what day "May 29" actually was when I agreed to it.
Hope to hear that it all went well today at the GS Tenzing Crit.
1 comment:
Indeed. We celebrated my "new record" for being married. High fives and everything.
Chloe mentions it here, but I'm not sure most folks can appreciate what it is like to be together all day, every day like that. Sure, three-four days per week I'd go ride my bike a couplefew hours, but still, that's a long time to be around someone.
Every day is a new record.
Post a Comment