Sunday, June 19, 2005

Bad Blog

Friday--I was planning to race the sprints at Master's Regional Track Championships, but when it came time to pack up and leave, I was just getting home from what ended up being an all day affair of buying our new scooter. I'll have pics of her (we're narrowing down her name) soon.

See, we were about to buy a new car. We'd done some research, mostly avoided arguing about it, test drove a ride or two, and even haggled with a salesman about a Mazda3. But the whole ordeal of shopping, financing (we like to buy things outright), and figuring out needs vs. wants and trying to predict what would work best for us in the next year or so...we said "screw it" and spent the down payment on a red, 150cc, 4-speed, hot rod.

I was sunburned and tired from being outside all day, and I nearly melted when I saw a bank sign say the temp outside was 109, but I was riding a scooter through Dallas and down 121 and passing trucks at 60mph.

Yeah, we got a scooter. We're that much further away from being cool, but we're having more fun. Especially on me and Chloe's first ride together.

Saturday--Woke up early, ran over to get Noah from his Mom's, and we went to the second session of Master's Regionals. The events of the day were the Kilo and the Pursuit. I had no business racing a bicycle at all, but I figured I'd make my donation of an entry fee, run a few laps, and call it a day.

I picked the kilo because it was the shortest event on offer, thus leaving me on the track for the least amount of time to be embarassed. There were only five people in the 35-39 category, but my bronze medal is forever.

We motored home and got to work on the garage. We emptied that thing out, cleaned the floors, filled up the truck with trash, got all of the TRP stuff out...and then put everything but the trash back in the garage because it looked like it was going to rain. The garage is clean and organized now, complete with weights set up, a place for the scooter, bike crap organized...

We'll see how long it lasts. But I do think it will stay tidier now that we don't have team stuff and TRP stuff in there. Well, the TRP stuff will be out completely this week.

Sunday--For Having Sex With My Wife Day, my kids gave me this cool plate that has their hand prints on it. The handprints are made into fish. Cutesy, but they're my kids, so I think it is cool.

Mama took me to Lowes and we got a workbench and some stuff to organize the bike tools and such. We also got some long-needed florescent lighting. Good times.

Noah and I went for a ride this evening, and we chose to hit the hills, complete with an assault on Hilltop the short and steep way. Now, we didn't go up it fast, but we got up it just fine.

Mama made a wonderful sauce for some pasta tonight. Made it with some fresh tomatoes from our next door neighbor. But we have our own tomatoes growing just fine. Because we are farmers and all.

Stuff that doesn't fit into a particular day--We came across a copy of The Muppet Movie on DVD. It is the favorite move around here lately. As long as we ignore Fozzy's "Wakka wakka," which annoys everyone, especially Buddy.

Reanie doesn't wear a swim suit. She wears her "super suit." This makes more sense if you've seen The Incredibles.

We wore out the bouncy slide. But we are taking it back to get another. You'd think they'd make those things kid-proof.

I've been sick with some chest/head thing for a week. Probably should have gone to the doctor for it, but I'm tired of going to the doctor lately.


I love my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your kids too. I love MY kids too too.
Dad