So it is an update for today, but I'll start with yesterday. Got a little worried yesterday. Physically and mentally I took some steps backwards, but I think (now) that it was due to a cumulative lack of sleep. It is hard to sleep when there is no good way to lie down.
I tried doubling up some sleeping meds, even with the pain killer and muscle relaxant. Nothing worked. Finally, yesterday afternoon, I finally just crashed. Even with the "wooombpf" sound playing every 15-20 minutes, and the increase in the gnawing feeling that when I ride I'm gonna have some issues, I finally just slept. It was only for an hour, since I had to pick up Noah from school, but it was a full-on, sweat through my clothes and the sheets, slobber on my pillow, hard sleep.
Awaking from that, I was somewhat refreshed. My left side ribs and left side guts, which are giving me the most trouble overall, were very sore, but it was the first time I've even FELT like getting up since the bump.
Noah and I drove the couple of miles over to where I was hit. I've mentioned several times how lucky I was, but it is even more evident now. I'm lucky for just missinig a drive way (instead I landed in a ditch). I just missed hitting a street sign ("Narrow Bridge Ahead') and the narrow bridge that was ahead. Where I fell was, in fact, right in front of the golf course. For those familiar with the area, it was next to the hole that runs parallel to the road.
I slept some more when we got home, and it was just as deep a sleep as earlier. Had to wake up to go get the POSS2's since Mama was held up in an important meeting, but we managed.
Noah watched the babies while I slept even more. It seems that I sleep for about an hour very deeply, then I wake up, go get a drink or something to eat, say "Hi" to everyone that lives here, and then I sleep again for another hour or so. This was one of the first days in a long time that we actually got everyone to bed on time, and I slept from then pretty much through the night, minus the POSS2's coming in to customarily make sure we are still there or something.
All that said, aside from my left side ribs and guts, I feel sore but lots, lots better. My elbow works, but I don't have much range of motion, and I absolutely can't bang it on anything. But I think we've for sure turned a corner here.
You couldn't tell that I just left to go to the doctor, but I did. Definite broken rib on the left side (just one, though?), so I feel less of a wuss knowing that something is indeed busted. Nothing is broken in my shoulder, but I didn't really expect there to be since it feels like tissue/ligament/tendon issues and not bone issues.
All things considered, I fell pretty ok. If I can talk Noah into bringing the trainer to the house from the barn, I might even get my track bike on there and spin for just a something small in the next couple of days.
No comments:
Post a Comment