Feeling LOTS better, so long as I sit still. I took the halfcast off of my elbow and am keeping a folded up bathtowel around it for protection. The cast and sling were to help keep it propped and protected, but it feels better if I keep it up anyway, so that's what I do naturally. Using the towel as protection is a little more user friendly in most ways as it allows me to at least type on the computer somewhat normally. I still can only peck out a few lines before having to rest since my right shoulder doesn't like my right arm to be elevated as high as the keyboard very long.
My teeth still hurt as does my jaw, but I ate quite a bit yesterday so I was probably just doing too much too soon.
I went most of yesterday without pain meds, but I had a rough time from mid-afternoon on and had to get some in me. NOt sure where it came from, but I lost my stomach a few times yesterday as well. That said, I was more active yesterday morning than I had been all days combined since being hit.
Ribs sill hurt just as much, but that is to be expected. My upper back is stove up pretty bad, but the great news is that my lower back (which had been giving me fits before the accident) hasn't been an issue at all. Can't turn my head too quickly or my neck barks, but moving slowly gives me about 75% 5ange of motion.
Knees are tweaked as well as hips, but not so much that I dread it when getting up like I do my neck, back, ribs and shoulder.
Mama sent me a link to get the police report form so I can get that assignment done. Finding it online is a huge bonus because I can't really drive so well at the moment to get to the police station.
Becky, one of my LSWorkers, just stopped by with all sorts of goodies. I've got fresh DVD's and loads of reading stuff. The kitchen is now flowered and there are even some things to eat that don't take any effort.
I'm gonna try to read it all, because Becky is one of those folks who, when she sends me an email, I have to open a dictionary and a browser to google so I don't go all public school on her.
Thank you so much, Becky!
That's about it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment