someone: Noah, you are walking funny and have a knot on the back of your head. What happened?
Noah: Well, we were tailgating and eating breakfast in the parking lot at the Cotton Bowl when my Step-Dad and Dad started tossing the football. I wanted to get in on that and walked up to Scott. It was really cold, so I had my gloves on and my hands in my pockets and a hat and my jacket hood on my head, so I couldn't see very well. As my Dad passed me the ball, I couldn't get my hands out of my pockets, so I started backing up, not wanting to get hit by the ball, even though I was dressed in something like one of those party Sumo suits. I backed up several steps, lost my balance, fell backwards in the parking lot and hit my head on the bumper of a truck, setting off the alarm. The Missouri and Arkansas fans seemed about as equally concerned, but they were tailgating too, so other important things were happening at the time. Scott, Papaw (Noah's Grandfather on his Mother's side) and my Dad laughed. The owner of the truck made sure his doors were locked with his remote.
(Dad enters the room, faces Noah)
Dad: Please don't tell that story anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment