Monday, March 07, 2005

It's Like This, You See...

It was just made aware to me that my last entry might be read as a "Woe is Me" type thing.

Don't read it that way.

Sure, it sucks to be broke, but it is part of the risk you take when you get to answer the "So what do you do?" question at parties with, "I'm a cycling coach and we put out a free magazine." When we were really rolling well with coaching and the rag, things were really rolling well, you know? We'll get there again. Just gotta put in the base.

I mean, it really isn't all bad. This morning, I got the kids up, took them to school in Bessie, which I fixed yesterday instead of taking it in to the shop. They didn't fuss when I dropped them off (yes!), I came back home to get some work done, saw Mama madly trying to get a magazine tidbit done before going to the day job, and I made myself some breakfast.

Eggs scrambled with some of the leftover homemade pasta that Mama made last night, slathered with some sweet pepper tomato sauce I made the night before. Cup of good coffee with a push of a button. Upstairs to my office with the windows open and a beautiful day. The cows are content, just laying in the field. A bird flew in through an open window and didn't freak...

Things are good. There are worse things than being broke.

Heck, I may even suit up to ride to the post office today.

OK, back to work.

No comments: