So Reanie, Buddy and I are sitting in the truck in the driveway this morning. We're all buckled in and I turn the key...nunhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh. Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuh nuhnuhnuhnuh. Hmmm.
Mama already left for work, and today I need some wheels. I can get the kids to school via the bike trailer and a short ride, but besides the ice on the windsheild, I still really need wheels today.
Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh. Nuhnuhnuhnuhnuhnuh. Nuhnuhnuh.
I'm starting to worry that the battery is going to die. "Is it flooded?" "Is is getting gas?" I don't know. Can't smell anything.
So I sit there for a bit. I was about to scrape the ice off of the windsheild, but that seems silly if we aren't going anywhere. That's when I decided that I'll just keep turning the key until it starts or until the battery dies. At the very least, I'll wake up Noah and we'll push this truck down the hill to try to start it.
One last turn of the key before I go crazy from singing "Mary had a little lamb" and put the kids in the trailer to get them to school....cough, cough, cough, sputter, sound of 1976 V6 starting and running.
We make it to the preschool. We had a nice mix of tunes, "Mary had a little lamb," "Patty Cake," "This old man...," "Twinkle little star." I don't know if we need a working radio in the truck afterall.
I take them into school and the principal is there sprinkling clover-shaped confetti everywhere, and she is randomly turning the cute little kids chairs over and gernerally disheveling the place.
O-kaaaayyy...
When I get the kids down the hall to their rooms, the principal gets on the inercom to tell the kids and teachers that, "I little green man has just been spotted!"
So all 12 kids and three teachers rush out into the hall. everyone is genuinel excited. Reanie is excited too, though we just got there, and I think she's just being excited because everyone else is excited. She's got her mouth and eyes wide open.
I'm a guy, so decorating for "holidays" like this is ridiculous. It isn't cool.
But it really was.
I'm wearing a green TRP shirt today.
2 comments:
that was funny but a little mean of the principal, if you meen she meant you.
Noah, the principal wasn't referring to me as the person who messed up the rooms and was otherwise a leprechaun. It was just a coincidence that she got on the intercom while I was there. Besides, I can make messes that can't be cleaned up.
Post a Comment