One of my favorite foods is pistachios. They are a lot of work to get opened, but it is worth it.
Noah took his first belt test in tae kwan do on Friday. He looked good. He looked like he knew what he was doing. Not that I didn't expect him to do well, but it was a strange (but awesome) feeling to see him testing doing things that I know nothing about, and looking like he's been doing it forever. Until now, I've known more about anything he's taken up than he did, so seeing him look like an athlete in something I don't even know right from left was (dare I say) inspiring.
When he came out of his class yesterday, he was already wearing his new belt. Cool.
We (the babies, Noah and I) drove straight home from his class, all stuffed nicely in the cab of the truck, talking about "yellow" the entire way. As soon as we hit the door to the house, Noah put on his cycling shorts and went to work on the trainer, getting his ride in for the day.
And this morning, he didn't say, "Dad, it isn't cool to take your lunch. All my friends buy their lunches." And he emptied the diaper pail this morning too. Molto freddo.
Baseball season started on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment